Explore all of the luxury Harbour Cruises Ltd. has to offer.
Harbour Cruises Ltd owns and operates three distinct vessels; from Vancouver’s only authentic paddlewheel, the MPV Constitution, to our yacht style vessel the MV Harbour Princess and our largest and magestic the MV Britannia. Vessels are also available for weddings, corporate events, and staff events.
- Vancouver’s Only Authentic Paddlewheeler
- The unique way to cruise Vancouver. Perfect for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays or any special event.
- Comfortable dinner seating for up to 80 passengers
- Two interior decks and one spacious exterior deck
- Hardwood dance floor on second deck
- Fully stocked bar on boarding deck
- Exterior side-seating
MV Harbour Princess
- Perfect for Corporate or Formal Events of 100 or more guests
- Luxurious and contemporary, board the Harbour Princess for an exceptional blend of business and pleasure. You’ll find panoramic views inescapable in nearly every section of the ship, inside and out. The MV Harbour Princess is designed for enjoyment during both of Vancouver’s seasons: sunny and rainy!
- Comfortable dinner seating for up to 190 passengers
- Large, fully stocked bar on second interior deck
- Large dance area on second deck
- Two spacious interior decks and one large exterior deck
- Vancouver’s Largest Privately- Owned Cruising Vessel
- The ideal choice for conventions or other large corporate or private events.
- Newly renovated
- Comfortable dinner seating for up to 250 – 275 maximum.
- Two spacious interior decks and one large, partially covered exterior deck
- Large hardwood dance floors on each interior deck
- Fully stocked bars located on both interior decks; optional “bar” on exterior deck
About the Orion
The yacht’s general design and technical work came from De Voogt Naval Architects. The Netherlands’ Feadship Royal Van Lent Shipyard constructed this world famous motor yacht. After the official launch in 1984 in Kaag the yacht was thereafter handed over to the owner after final finishing. The main hull is crafted from steel. The motor yacht superstructure component is fabricated extensively using aluminum. With a beam of 7.96 m / 26.1 ft ORION has optimal size. Her seaworthy draught of 2.44m (8ft) positively affects the amount of worldwide ports she can berth in. She has recently completed a major refit and update, which included new Caterpillar engines and gensets.
She has been kept as she was new her entire life. She sleeps eight owners and guests in four staterooms. Her crew quarters are typical Feadship, with ample space and privacy to keep a happy captain and crew.
Outside: her hull is Awlgriped. All her teak decks and rails are in excellent condition. Her Engine and machinery space are pure Feadship, well maintained and easy access to all equipment. Her electronics are state of the art.
Orion offers the very best in Vancouver charters. This luxury super yacht is ready for your private cruise to explore everything that the West Coast of British Columbia has to offer. The scenery and wildlife are absolutely magnificent as you cruise the Sunshine Coast, Desolation Sound and the Canadian Gulf Islands which are just a few of British Columbia’s most popular and scenic locations.
M/Y ORION Engines & Speeds
This ship has twin twelve cylinder CATERPILLAR main engines and can reach a continuous maximum speed underway of 13 knots. The engines of the yacht produce 625 horse power (or 460 kilowatts) each for a total of 1250 HP or kilowatt rating of 920. Connected to her Caterpillar engines are twin five bladed propellers for smooth and efficient running. Orion’s stabilizers are Vosper, with the latest electronics. Her bow thruster is by Schottel. The yacht’s easy cruise speed is 10 knots which produces a range of 3000 nautical miles.
Superyacht ORION Accommodation
This beautifully proportioned luxury yacht can accommodate up to eight people in sumptuous comfort in addition to seven crew members.
Motor Yacht ORION Ex: 749
- The Country the Yacht is Flagged in: Canada
- Max yacht charter guests: 8
- Number of Crew Members: 7
- Class society used: – Completed survey under Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- Built By: Feadship – Royal Van Lent Shipyard
- Built in: Kaag, Dutch
- Launched in: 1984
- Refitted in: 2008
- Length Overall: 37.98 meters / 124.6 feet
- Waterline Length: 32.34 (106.1 ft)
- Naval Architecture: De Voogt Naval Architects, De Voogt Naval Architects
- Gross Tonnes: 392
- Net Tonnes: 198
- Hull / Superstructure Construction Material: steel / aluminum
- Helicopter Landing Pad: No
- Material Used For Deck: teak
Engine(s) are two 625 Horse Power or 460 kW Caterpillar.
- Model: 3412TA diesel.
- Total engine power output 1250 HP /920 KW.
- Cruise Speed: 10 knots. – Top Speed: 13 knots.
- Range: 3000 at a speed of 10 knots.
- Fuel tanks: 40900 L.
- Fresh water: 6600.
- Power generation: Caterpillar 2 times 90 kilowatts.
- Stabilizers: Vosper.
- Thruster: Schottel.
- Beam: 7.96m/26.1ft.
- Waterline Length (LWL): 32.34m/106.1ft.
- Draught at deepest: 2.44m/8ft.
Q & A Regarding Chartering Orion
Q. How much does she cost to charter?
A. $12,000 per day with a five-day minimum
Q. What does this include?
A. Four hours per day cruising, accommodation and standard crew.
Q. What if I want to cruise more than four hours per day?
A. Fuel, Maintenance and crewing surcharge would apply
Q. What is the surcharge rate?
A. $300 per hour
Q. Is food service included?
A. Yes, three main meals per day plus snacks
Q. Is there provision for certain types of foods like Kosher for instance?
Q. What is the charge for special food service?
A. Negotiable surcharge depending on the extent of specialty food requirement.
Q. Is there fishing?
Q. Are there specialist-fishing guides available?
A. Yes, these will be supplied and surcharged for based on type of fishing required.
Q. Is there spa service/massage service?
Q. What is the charge for spa service?
A. Negotiable based on service level
Q. Is diving possible?
A. Yes, surcharge for expert diving guides
Q Is there whale watching?
Q Can we have specialty guides – history, anthropology, and biology?
A Yes, negotiable.
Q Who do I talk to about details?
A Harbour Cruises’ charter office 604-688-7456